Search This Blog

Monday, July 24, 2023

Bought A Wet Plate Collodion 8x10 Silver Tank Kit

 Picked up this kit from the same Czech Republic seller that made my 16x20, 20x24 and 35x35 inch silver tanks. He is a good quality builder, and very reliable.

I currently have a working 8x10 silver tank, but it is a bit dodgy. This kit has multiple components. I can also use the fixer tank and the drying rack, so decided it was a good investment, cost $355 CAD. I now have a backup 8x10 silver tank, a new fixer tank and the drying rack. Extra dippers are also a good thing to have about. I will use all this new gear to death on the AMBROTOS KANATA project.

Fixer tank on the left, drying rack in the middle and silver tank on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ambrotype Boxes

Today I picked up 2 of these custom made boxes for $70 CAD.  After foolishly and accidentally breaking 2 of my 11x14 plates from last week. ...