So the first 3 attempts at opening yesterdays house window glass went bad (cornered screw type). I broke all 3 and was only able to get limited smaller cuts out of the broken glass pieces. The problem was the glass was very thin, only 2mm thick and very fragile.
My attempts on the older aluminum glass windows (cornered staple type), went better. Once I figured out how to remove the metal corner staple (bend the aluminum window corners with pliers, then dislodge the staple), things went OK, only minor breakage.
I will continue the work with the larger, more fragile plates tomorrow.
Note* I was hoping for thicker glass, some of the older aluminum frames have what looks like 3mm but some seem to be only 2.5mm. Better than thee newer screw type frames, but not by much.
The windows were well worth the $30, I just wish the glass was thicker.
No comments:
Post a Comment