Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Got Lucky with Wetplate

When I started out on my wet plate journey 10 years or so ago, I knew nothing, yet I dived in head first.

Got me a darkroom trailer for $8000 a RV to travel in for the project for $38000. Probably $40000 in lens and cameras. As well as countless older things and tools.

I was not 100% sure I would like wet plate and the final result of what a finished Ambrotype looks like but I ended up loving them as well as the process! The more I do, the more I want to do! The bigger plate I create, the bigger I want to go. Even 35x35 seems very doable.

I GOT DAM LUCKY WITH ALL THIS!!! Imagine after all that expense, effort and time, I hated Ambros. I coukd have hated everything, that could have happened.

Lucky, Lucky, Gerry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got Lucky with Wetplate

When I started out on my wet plate journey 10 years or so ago, I knew nothing, yet I dived in head first. Got me a darkroom trailer for $800...