So, I went into the trailer to get some alcohol part way through my trip to Nordegg graveyard. I opened the door to find thee pump running! What? Why?
Turns out I had forgot to turn off the pump button but that should not have been too much of as problem. What happened was that during my drive, things had shifted in the trailer. One of those shifts had caused something to hit the faucet valve leaver handle, turning on the water. The water then ran until it trained the entire tank (25 galllons) and filled up my sewage tank to the max, while also washing the floor pretty well.
Luckily I found out about the problem early, preventing the pump from burning out, because I went into the trailer to get some alcohol to clean my used books with (too wash off sticky price tag residue).
I then went to the Rocky Mountain House camping dump station to dump my sewage and refill my water tank.
After this I will make sure to always shut off my pump before traveling. Lesson learned!
No comments:
Post a Comment